Tag: 爱上海419

… and electric lines This report will continue

first_img ….. and electric lines. This report will continue 6/6.[Photo: Yuki Yanagimoto & text: sa] A new set of plumbing pipes is installed. This is a great project for Workshop participants, as they are part of every step of the process.[Photo: Yuki Yanagimoto & text: sa] With Marks instruction, Segolene Gautier and Kim Chikyung learn the installation of studs, drywall panels…..[Photo: Yuki Yanagimoto & text: sa]center_img May 23, 2005 Maintenance crew is always busy with either upkeep or improvement of facilities. The bathrooms in the Colly Soleri Music Center need to be remodeled. The rooms are completely stripped of wall panels, pipes and tiles. Studs for a new set of walls are put into place. Mark Baris heads this project.[Photo: Yuki Yanagimoto & text: sa]last_img read more

Read More

Almost 40 French local TV channels have completed

first_imgAlmost 40 French local TV channels have completed the first stage of an appeal to the country’s Conseil d’Etat to challenge the latest ordering of channels on the country’s digital-terrestrial platform by media regulator the CSA.The preliminary request is expected to be followed by a demand for the suspension of the channel ordering. Following the launch of six new national digital-terrestrial channels, the CSA plans to push local channels further down the numerical EPG listing from their current slots in the 20s. One local channel, Télé Bocal, had already called for a suspension of the move ahead of the coordinated action.last_img read more

Read More

Readers of any duration will be familiar with Dr

first_imgReaders of any duration will be familiar with Dr. Lacy Hunt—renowned economist, a favorite at our Casey Research Summits, and past contributor to these pages. I’m happy to have him back today with original analysis about what to expect for the US economy in 2014, including his take on inflation, interest rates, debt, and much more. Two things always strike me whenever I read Dr. Hunt’s work. One, his analysis is fiercely independent. I guarantee you won’t agree with everything you’re about to read. His take on interest rates in particular is sure to stir up some controversy. Two, Dr. Hunt’s scholarly approach is refreshing. He draws on his unmatched knowledge of economic history to back up every statement with studies, data, and historical examples. Given the sheer number of facts he always seems to have on his side, it’s usually hard to argue with his conclusions, even if you don’t agree with them. I’ll leave you to explore Dr. Hunt’s analysis for yourself, and to ponder its implications for your own portfolio. Dan Steinhart Managing Editor of The Casey Reportlast_img read more

Read More

Last updated on June 24th 2019 at 0217 pmA south

first_imgLast updated on June 24th, 2019 at 02:17 pmA south side Milwaukee alderman said the latest proposal to expand The Hop streetcar route does not go far enough in extending the system further south.On Thursday afternoon, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and other city officials unveiled a $46.8 million package that would fund the construction of a streetcar line extension to the Wisconsin Center and preliminary engineering work related to another three-mile expansion into the Bronzeville and Walker’s Point neighborhoods.Specifically, the planned three-mile extension would bring the streetcar north to the intersection of North Dr. martin Luther King Jr. Drive and North Avenue, and south to the intersection of South First Street and East Pittsburgh Avenue. Today, Alderman José Perez said this plan would not take the streetcar far enough southward.“If we, as a city, are going to commit to take the streetcar north, we also need to commit at the same time to taking it south,” Perez said in a statement. “We need to ensure that all parts of the city are included and treated fairly.”The spending package put forward on Thursday does put $500,000 toward studying route alternatives for Walker’s Point and extending the streetcar further south and west of the planned terminus at First and Pittsburgh.Perez said in the statement that it needs to go even further, and a “vague promise” to eventually extend the streetcar to the south side is not sufficient.“Stopping the streetcar at 1st and Pittsburgh is simply not good enough. The streetcar line must be extended to 6th and National, the gateway to the Latino community,” he said.The city has identified a potential extension that would travel along either First or Second streets to National Avenue, where it would continue south to Greenfield Avenue or travel west along National Avenue. The preliminary engineering work, however, would not take the expansion that far into the city’s south side.According to The Hop’s website, the expansion route was chosen based on planning that “balanced cost, benefits, ridership and competitiveness in the federal funding program,” and that more decisions need to be made about extending the route further into Walker’s Point.Barrett said on Thursday that when the streetcar was first proposed it would be controversial, but once it the system was up and running the conversation would change to where the system would be expanded to.“I will tell you over the last six months, I have heard far more — and I mean far more — people say to me, ‘When can you get it here? When can you get it close to my business (and) neighborhood?’ That’s what people are clamoring for right now,” he said.Setting aside $18.8 million as part of the spending proposal for the preliminary planning and engineering work will qualify the streetcar expansion for consideration in the Federal Transit Administration’s Capital Improvement Grant Program.The three-mile extension as planned would ultimately cost somewhere around $150 million or $160 million, Barrett. The city hopes 50% of those costs would be covered by federal dollars. Get our email updatesBizTimes DailyManufacturing WeeklyNonprofit WeeklyReal Estate WeeklySaturday Top 10Wisconsin Morning Headlines Subscribelast_img read more

Read More

Trump Signs Executive Order on Cybersecurity

first_imgCybersecurity Free Webinar | July 31: Secrets to Running a Successful Family Business Learn how to successfully navigate family business dynamics and build businesses that excel. This story originally appeared on PCMag –shares President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Thursday that calls for a wide-ranging review of the federal government’s cybersecurity protocols and directs executive branch agencies to upgrade their IT infrastructure.The order does not differ significantly from the cybersecurity policies of former President Barack Obama’s administration, according to Politico, but it does acknowledge that the government’s IT infrastructure leaves much to be desired. It specifically mentions the threats posed by botnets and requires the Departments of State, Treasury, Homeland Security and others to submit a cybersecurity status report within 90 days.”The executive branch has for too long accepted antiquated and difficult–to-defend IT,” Trump’s order reads. “Known vulnerabilities include using operating systems or hardware beyond the vendor’s support lifecycle, declining to implement a vendor’s security patch, or failing to execute security-specific configuration guidance.”Because of this antiquated and vulnerable infrastructure, an estimated 80 percent of the $80 billion federal IT budget goes toward maintaining existing systems, according to Politico. It’s unclear how much modernization would cost, but the order does direct executive branch agencies to seek shared IT services like cloud-based email, which would likely increase security and lower server maintenance costs.Obama’s last federal budget, announced in February 2016, sought $3.1 billion for technology modernization at various federal agencies.In addition to boosting the government’s own IT security, the Trump administration also wants to help private companies combat against cyberthreats. Much like Obama, who appointed a “cybersecurity czar” shortly after taking office, Trump announced in January that former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani would liaise between the government and the private sector on cybersecurity matters. Image credit: Shutterstock News reporter Register Now » Next Article Trump Signs Executive Order on Cybersecurity Tom Brant Add to Queuelast_img read more

Read More

Elon Musk Has Resorted to Sleeping at Teslas Factory to Try to

first_img November 2, 2017 Next Article Elon Musk Has Resorted to Sleeping at Tesla’s Factory to Try to Get it Back on Track Register Now » Free Webinar | July 31: Secrets to Running a Successful Family Business 178shares Image credit: Hector Guerrero | Getty Images Nina Zipkin Elon Muskcenter_img Staff Writer. Covers leadership, media, technology and culture. Entrepreneur Staff Learn how to successfully navigate family business dynamics and build businesses that excel. The electric car company is way behind on its production goals. Earlier this month, it was reported that Tesla had fallen behind on the company’s production goals for the $35,000 Model 3. Though CEO Elon Musk had anticipated the company would manufacture more than 1,500 of the cars by the end of September, that wasn’t the case, with only 260 of them made in the third quarter.Musk is known for having a dogged approach to solving problems, and it seems that has translated to how he has dealt with this most recent wrinkle.In the company’s quarterly earnings call (the company brought in a revenue of nearly $3 million for Q3) this week, Musk shared that he had come down with a cold, but that it hasn’t deterred him from spending all of his time at the Gigafactory in Nevada, taking the call at the factory and even sleeping there if the need arises.Related: The Future According to Elon Musk (Infographic)It would also appear that Musk’s leadership style can best be described as on-the-go. “I always move my desk to wherever — I don’t really have a desk actually — I move myself to wherever the biggest problem is in Tesla. I really believe that one should lead from the front lines, and that’s why I’m here,” Musk noted during the earnings call.He also shared details that in the past four weeks, he has overseen the rewriting of software and spent late night and early mornings on the floor of the factory repairing the processes for battery production. Musk is now anticipating that his goal of producing 5,000 Model 3s every week will likely occur in March.Related: A Humanoid Robot Called Sophia Mocked Elon Musk After Being Asked About the Dangers of AIMusk also acknowledged that his mood had also been affected by the setbacks. “I feel really pretty optimistic right now,” he said. “But if you’d talked to me three weeks ago, I would have been quite pessimistic, and I was sort of quite down in the dumps.”He also took a moment to call out reporting about the company’s recent round of layoffs. After performance reviews, 700 people were fired. Musk believed that the coverage lacked nuance and integrity, saying that those journalists should be “ashamed of themselves.”If you had to deal with a problem, would you take the late nights, sleep-at-the-factory tack that Musk has taken? Let us know in the comments.Related video: How Throwing Rocks Can Help When You Feel Stuck 3 min read Add to Queuelast_img read more

Read More

Amazon raises monthly Prime membership fees by 20 percent

The online retailer had added the monthly payment option about two years ago as a way to hook shoppers—especially during the holiday season—who wanted faster free shipping, but didn’t want to commit to an annual fee. The Seattle-based company does not disclose how many Prime members it has.Besides free two-day shipping, Prime members get other perks, such as access to Amazon’s video and music streaming services.Starting Friday, new monthly members will pay $12.99 a month, up from $10.99. Qualifying college students will pay $6.49 a month, up from $5.49. Amazon.com Inc. said existing monthly members will start paying the higher fees next month.Amazon said its $5.99-a-month Prime membership for low-income people who receive government assistance is not affected by the price increase. Amazon launched the discounted Prime membership last year for people who have a valid Electronic Benefits Transfer card. Amazon is raising the price of its Prime membership monthly plan by nearly 20 percent. The fee of $99 for an annual membership will not change, the company said Friday. Citation: Amazon raises monthly Prime membership fees by 20 percent (2018, January 19) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-01-amazon-monthly-prime-membership-fees.html Amazon boosts price of ‘Prime’ membership to $99 in US © 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. In this Dec. 20, 2017, file photo, a clerk reaches to a shelf to pick an item for a customer order at the Amazon Prime warehouse, in New York. Amazon says it is boosting the price of its monthly Prime membership fees for new and existing members by nearly 20 percent. The online retailer says its annual membership fee of $99 will not change. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File) This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Explore further read more

Read More

Jet Airways rules out Air India bid

Jet Airways on Tuesday became the latest major Indian airline to rule out a bid for debt-laden national carrier Air India in a new blow to the government’s privatisation plans. Once the country’s monopoly airline, Air India has lost considerable market share to competitors India’s Jet Airways to buy 75 Boeing jets in multi-billion dollar order This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. The announcement came just days after rival IndiGo pulled out of the race to acquire Air India’s operations meaning the government now has no clear frontrunner in the sale campaign.”We welcome the government move to privatise Air India. It is a bold step,” Jet Airways’ deputy chief executive, Amit Agarwal said in a statement emailed to AFP.”However, considering the terms of offer in the information memorandum and based on our review, we are not participating in the process,” he added.Once the country’s monopoly airline, Air India has slowly lost market share to new low-cost private players in one of the world’s fastest-growing airline markets.Air India ran losses for nearly a decade after a botched merger in 2007 and has debts of around $7.67 billion according to government figures.It has received $5.8 billion in bailout funds from the government but needs even more working capital to turn it around, experts say.The Indian government recently said it wanted to sell a 76 percent chunk of the struggling carrier.It released bid documents on what would be one of the country’s highest-profile asset sales in decades showing it wants the prospective buyer to take on all of Air India’s operations.IndiGo, India’s largest airline, withdrew on Friday, saying it was interested only in Air India’s international routes and not its domestic operations.India has the world’s fastest-growing passenger airline industry, expanding at an annual rate of around 20 percent. About 100 million of its 1.25 billion people took to the skies in 2016 and airlines have embarked on huge purchases of new jets in expectation of new growth. Explore further © 2018 AFP Citation: Jet Airways rules out Air India bid (2018, April 10) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-04-jet-airways-air-india.html read more

Read More

AIADMK MLAs disqualification case Supreme Court to consider listing DMKs petitionAIADMK MLAs

first_imgPublished on SHARE SHARE EMAIL Supreme Court of India DMK July 02, 2019 AIADMK COMMENTS DMK wants 11 MLAs, who voted against CM Palaniswami, to be disqualified The DMK on Tuesday moved the Supreme Court seeking an urgent hearing of its plea for disqualification of 11 AIADMK MLAs for voting against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy in a 2017 confidence motion.A bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said that it will consider listing Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam’s petition seeking disqualification of the MLAs, including Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam. The Madras High Court had in April last year declined a plea by the DMK to disqualify the 11 MLAs.Panneerselvam and the other 10 MLAs, then in the rebel camp, had voted against the trust vote sought by Palaniswami on February 18, 2017. SHARE COMMENT Tamil Nadulast_img read more

Read More